Ways to Extract All Attachments From Gmail Account Emails, All At Once
In general, there exists a direct way to download multiple attachments from one email of Gmail account. However, there does not exist any direct measure to collectively save all attachments from multiple emails in an account, at once. Such scenario is highly in demand when users either want to secure their attachments from any theft or want to save confidential attachments on local machine & download attachments from multiple emails Gmail and then delete several emails from their account. Therefore, in this post, we are going to discuss all possible solutions to extract all attachments from Gmail or Google Apps account.
Save Attachments From Multiple Emails Of Gmail Via Thunderbird
This solution to extract attachments from Gmail is applicable for those users who are having Thunderbird installed on their machine. Go through the following set of instructions for storing Gmail attachments locally on computers:
1. Launch Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer and then go to Account Settings
2. Click on Account Actions drop-down box and then choose Add Mail Account option to sync & extract attachments from Gmail
3. Fill up required credentials of Gmail account (from which attachments are to be extracted) in Your name, Email address, and Password text box. Click on Continue button to proceed
4. Enable IMAP option and click on Done button
5. Automatically a web page will get opened on your screen in which you will again have to enter valid Gmail id and password. After this, hit on Sign in >> Allow button to give access to extract all attachment from Gmail & download attachments from multiple emails Gmail
6. Finally, your Gmail account is configured in Thunderbird application which allows you to extract attachments from Gmail. Close Account Settings window to continue.
8. Click on Download Now >> Save File >> OK button for downloading Attachment Extractor (Thunderbird Plugin) on your system to extract all attachments from Gmail
9. After successfully downloading this free add-on, restore Thunderbird on your machine and then go to Tools >> Add-ons
10. Click on the icon of Settings and then choose Install Add-on From File option from the current list which provides you with the facility to extract attachment from Gmail.
11. Now browse towards the location where Add-On was downloaded in Step (8), then select Attachment Extractor setup file and hit on Open button to setup & extract all attachments from Gmail.
12. Click on Install Now button and then on Restart Now option for successfully adding a new add-on in Mozilla Thunderbird program
13. Sort or select all emails, which are having attachment icon and then Right-click on selected ones
14. Choose Extract from Selected Messages >> Browse option to locate towards the location where you want to save extracted attachments on local machine
15. Either select an existing folder or create a new folder for saving attachments separately on your system and then click on Select Folder to start procedure
Tip: The procedure discussed from Step (7) to (15) is also applicable for users who want to extract attachments from Thunderbird emails, at once.
Well, the extraction solution discussed till now is using Thunderbird like a mediator. However, in this present era, Outlook is widely used by enterprise or home users for emailing purpose. Moreover, there is the belief of many email clients that Outlook is more secure and safe email application in comparison to Mozilla Thunderbird. Therefore, a majority of users are looking for such solution in which they can use Outlook to extract all attachments from Gmail. Hence, in the further section we are going to illustrate a solution to save email attachment from Gmail account via Outlook without any bug.
Retrieving Attachments From Gmail Via MS Outlook
The solution to retrieve files via Outlook is short, in comparison to the procedure of extracting attachments through Thunderbird. This measure involves following two major procedure:
· Save all emails of Gmail account locally on machine in PST file format, and
· Extract attachments from resultant PST file with the help of Extractor
You can archive Gmail account emails on a hard drive with the help of Gmail Email Backup
. This solution is an easy and simple way to save emails on PC in an Outlook data file format. After creating a PST file from this program, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps to download attachments from multiple emails of Gmail account:
1. Download Outlook Attachment Extractor program and install it on your machine to extract all attachments from Gmail
Note: It is mandatory to have Outlook installed on your machine for download attachments from multiple emails Gmail with this procedure.
2. Click on Open button, to begin with few extraction commands
3. Select Add File button to upload PST file, which was created by Gmail Backup program
4. Choose any one of the three alternatives provided to you in Options section and then click on Browse button for defining the location where you want to extract all attachments.
5. At last, click on Extract >> button to extract all attachments from Gmail & retrieving emails from PST file, which comprises of Gmail account emails
Depending upon current needs, email clients extract file attachments from emails of their Gmail account. As such, there does not exist any solutions for retrieving email attachments directly from Gmail account but, there are some popularly-known email applications, which makes such extraction possible to download attachments from multiple emails Gmail. One can choose either Thunderbird or Outlook program and then successfully extract all attachments from Gmail & retrieving mails from PST file without any bug and data loss.